An update...
I started work last week. Just training. The days are long, and I do feel like I already know a lot from teacher's college. But everyone there seems super nice so far. From my supervisor to my co-workers. I think it will be quite a cool job to tell you the truth. Coversational English to Japanese people over the internet. They already have books made up and the lesson plan is pretty standard. Not a lot of prep. work involved. So I think things should be fine. It kind of feels like you would just be chatting to friends over the internet. Anyway, the only thing that I'm finding sort of tedious about this whole training session, is that me and my fellow trainees have to give each other mock lessons. And I always feel like it's not real, but you have to play it up. Anyway, training finishes on Wednesday and I actually start teaching on Thursday.
I have not been doing too much. I went out for dinner with my Canadian friends on Friday night. They have a really good gelato place at Temple Bar, so we went there afterwards. Yesterday, I went shopping. Yes, shopping! With no money. I put everything on credit card though. But my mom will be upset when she gets the bill. Hehe... :) Well it was for work anyways. No honestly - I needed to buy work shirts. And work boots. Right....
Today is the Hurling Finals... it is crazy busy downtown... you see all the supporters with the various jerseys. I'm about to head off to buy some groceries and then head back home quickly in an attempt to avoid the madness. I have never seen anything quite like it... well that's a lie... I suppose a Maple Leafs game would be the same...
Everything is good here though. I think we may try and head up to the coast next week to Malahide. It's supposed to be very nice and they have a great castle.
I have not been doing too much. I went out for dinner with my Canadian friends on Friday night. They have a really good gelato place at Temple Bar, so we went there afterwards. Yesterday, I went shopping. Yes, shopping! With no money. I put everything on credit card though. But my mom will be upset when she gets the bill. Hehe... :) Well it was for work anyways. No honestly - I needed to buy work shirts. And work boots. Right....
Today is the Hurling Finals... it is crazy busy downtown... you see all the supporters with the various jerseys. I'm about to head off to buy some groceries and then head back home quickly in an attempt to avoid the madness. I have never seen anything quite like it... well that's a lie... I suppose a Maple Leafs game would be the same...
Everything is good here though. I think we may try and head up to the coast next week to Malahide. It's supposed to be very nice and they have a great castle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home